Page does not update the new version. Get the latest version at softwaredesktop.net
Downie is the video download tool for macOS you will need. It’s not just another YouTube downloader: Downie supports at this time over 700 different websites!
- Multi-site support – currently supports over 750 different websites (including YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and is growing rapidly.
- YouTube 4K video support – Unlike many other YouTube downloaders, Downie supports HD video on YouTube, up to 4K.
- Postprocessing – Need your video in MP4 for iTunes? Or just want a soundtrack? No problem, Downie can handle this for you automatically!
- Support multiple languages
- Redesigned user interface – Mostly redesigned user interface, including the application icon.
- Menu Bar Control – Ability to control Downie from the menu bar.
- Link filtering – Select the link you want to download in case Downie finds multiple downloads on a page.
- Scheduled download – Delayed download start scheduling.
- Windowless mode – Ability to close the main window without closing the application.
- Simple mode – Less distracting to display your downloads.
- Download Folder hierarchy – Optionally arrange downloaded files by site, playlist, and include playlist information in the file name.
- Automatic ordering – Option to automatically queue by schedule or name.
- Auto-delete – Optionally to automatically remove completed downloads from the queue.
- Safari extension option – Optional not to enable Downie when using the Safari extension.
- Browser extensions + Post-processing – Browser extensions are up to date and support sending links to Downie for post-processing purposes.
- Support DASH thread – That’s a good thing!
- Subtitles Support HLS – The weird letters, but trust us, it’s a good thing.
- AAC Support – Optional non-executable MP3 with post-processing sound.
- + Manual popup window – User guide now supports pop-up windows (disabled by default), which allows you to log in to certain services using Facebook, Google or LinkedIn.